Everyone Can Help Someone
Nearly one in six households in the Sioux Falls area makes less than $20,000 a year, and many of these families are living without even the most basic of furnishings. The Furniture Mission was able to serve 1600 of these households in 2014 and with your help, can continue to serve the community for years to come.
What your donation will fund
- Fuel to deliver furniture to those who can't pick it up
- Maintenance on the trucks used in these deliveries
- Maintenance on the warehouses used to store donations
- Salary for the 3 staff that coordinate the Mission's day-to-day operations
- Materials for our Workshop to custom build infrequently donated items (i.e. box springs / toddler beds)
When you donate to the Furniture Mission, your can be confident that your tax-deductible donation will be truly be changing the life of someone else for the better. Whether your donation is $5 or $5000, it will make a difference to someone in need.
Please consider participating in any of our annual fundraisers (Golf Event, Ladies Night Out, Christmas mailer) or donate anytime.
Who you'll be helping
- Single mothers
- Those fleeing abusive situations
- Families who have trouble making ends meet
- Sick or disabled individuals
- Elderly individuals and those in hospice